MIMIC Simulator offers a unique and an inexpensive way to create a real world lab environment. It provides an interactive hands-on lab for quality assurance, development, marketing, sales, evaluation, deployment and training of enterprise management applications. It creates a customizable virtual environment populated with devices like routers, hubs, switches, probes, cable modems and workstations.
- Development and Testing: Management application developers can implement their products quickly and test reliably.
- Evaluation: Enterprises can evaluate the suitability of applications with anticipated failure and growth scenarios, or qualify purchases before deployment.
- Trade Shows: Marketing can setup powerful "live" demonstrations at trade shows.
- Sales Demos: Sales can tailor presentations to the individual customer's environment.
- Training Environments: Realistic training scenarios can explore all possible cases. Training environment can be portable rather than based on the classroom.
MIMIC® SNMP Agent SimulatorMIMIC SNMP Agent Simulator creates a network of up to 20,000 SNMP-manageable devices per 64-bit Intel-based PC (Itanium), AMD-based PC (AMD64) or Sun Sparc, or 10,000 per 32-bit Intel-based PC (x86), AMD-based PC (E86) or Sun Sparc. With support for any SNMP-based device you can run a large variety of device configurations with your SNMP management application.
MIMIC simulated devices respond to SNMPv1, SNMPv2C and SNMPv3 queries on any of its configured IP (or IPv6) addresses. It appears to the SNMP Network Management Application as if it is talking to actual devices. Each device has its own IP addresses, independent read and write SNMPv1 community strings or SNMPv3 USM and VACM parameters, and notion of uptime. Devices can be configured at run-time, both on an individual and collective basis.
MIMIC ships with a large number of pre-compiled MIBs, networks and devices from the leading networking companies. The MIMIC Compiler can compile any SMI-compliant MIB to extend your set of devices.
A suite of predefined scenarios is provided to investigate all the possibilities you can face in your mission-critical environment. For example, realistic behavior can be modeled for a range of traffic conditions over a shorter period of time. Or, a constant simulation can be used for automated regression testing.
The MIMIC Recorder can be used to import data from real-world devices to easily create realistic, starting simulations. A simulation language can be used to create custom simulations.